Friday, December 5, 2014

Always busy

Home since Tuesday and I only wrote one blog.  That usually says I'm very busy.  Still true.

I have been working on catching up on errands in and out of the house. I've been writing holiday cards (half way done), buying presents online, wrapping things that I already had in the house, and generally having a great time being at home.

I was hoping to get back on my diet, and even though I haven't eaten out as much, I've not lost any weight either.  I asked Mark to buy me some almonds yesterday, and I packed 12 little snack bags full of 25 almonds each.  Now I can grab a pre-measured snack bag of almonds when I need a snack instead of randomly eating who-knows-how-many out of the big bag.  I was pretty proud of myself for that.

We went to the NARFE holiday party in Plant City yesterday. It's always a great party and we collected 68 Toys for Tots to donate.  Mark and I had a lot of fun picking out two toys at World of Disney in Downtown Disney on Wednesday for that.  And BTW, the parking garage was OPEN.  It was kind of fun to go in there for the first time, but we were surprised that they are using mundane things like numbers and colors (we were orange 2) to mark your spot and not characters like in all the other parking lots.  Heck, Disney would NEVER run out of characters, so that was surprising to us.  While in Downtown Disney, I watched a high school choir from Hershey, PA perform. They were truly excellent.  I enjoyed their performance very much and made a point to tell the director so after it was over.  It also made me really appreciate conducting my little synagogue choir that night.  LOL!  Fun times.

And the best part of today?  I found an extra THREE HUNDRED dollars in my check book!  I had written a $300 check in there twice by mistake.  Always a good day and better than the other way around.  LOL!


No comments:

Post a Comment