Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Dali Museum

Yesterday was great.  It turned out to be a smart decision to stay in and rest. I spent the day putting together 20 Texas Hold'em Dreidel bags for the Solivita Shalom Club Hanukkah Ball, which is on our anniversary this year, Dec. 21.  Mark and I are on the Ball Committee, so this is our contribution.  I had all the parts already ordered and sitting around the house, so a nice "down" day was just what I needed to sit at the table and assemble them.  They are DONE! 

We went out briefly in mid-afternoon to ship out the rest of our holiday presents to people.  Everything was wrapped and stacked on the kitchen island, so it was good to get them out and on their way.  Then we went out to choir, which was our best one yet.  We had TEN people, which was the most in a long time.  There should be 12 performing at the end of January for the Cantor's big shindig.  It should be just wonderful.

The other good thing that happened yesterday was that I ate all my meals at home.  I would have had lunch in a park and dinner at Denny's.  Instead, I ate very well at home with planned snacks.  This morning I am down two pounds, back to 270.2.  It's a bad number, I know, but I like going down instead of up. 

Today Mark has a NARFE Webinar at 9:30 for an hour, then at 10:30 we are driving to the west coast to go to the Dali Museum in St. Petersburg.  We will be eating lunch over there and dinner back here at our local Denny's.  Hopefully, things will at least stay the same today.  Eating out is always a problem for me, but not at Denny's.  Senior Tilapia with broccoli and squash, no dressing on the salad, and the herb toast is about 750 calories.

Yesterday it was gray and gloomy and raining all day.  Today it will be cold but sunny.  Much better.  I feel somewhat better from my restful day yesterday, but having the sun shine always makes me feel better, too.  I definitely live in the right place for sunshine!

No comments:

Post a Comment