Monday, December 15, 2014

Osborne Lights

Let's start with the weight.  I am down from yesterday, so that's a good thing. I am down from last Monday!  That's an even better thing. OK, I'm not down by much, but any thing in a downward direction is good.  This morning I am 271.7, down a half pound from last Monday and down 2.3 from yesterday.  Maybe this is a trend.

I kept my iPhone6 in my pocket all day at Universal Studios.  At the end of the day, it said I had walked over 15,000 steps, something like 15,700 thereabouts.  Unfortunately, I didn't write it down.  Now I can't find the precise amount on the phone.  It's like yesterday is gone and now we're doing today.  Glad I looked at the end of the evening.  It also said I walked 6.8 miles!  It has raised my average for the week way, WAY up!  LOL!

I don't know how accurate it is though.  Mark did the same.  His phone said he walked about 10, 500 and some, maybe five thousand less than I did.  Well, I will concede that.  I'm sure I take two steps to each of his steps just by virtue of his long legs; however, it also said he walked only 4.8 miles.  That I can't accept.  I'm pretty sure we were right next to each other all the time.  So it seems to me the miles are calculated only on the number of steps taken, which is obviously a factor of the length of stride.  Honestly, we probably walked somewhere in between those distances, like a bit over five miles.  It's far to walk into and out of the park from the parking lots.   We also started in the original US park, walked over to Islands of Adventure, and then walked back.  That is a lot of walking, but we also sat in a show, and sat on a park bench waiting for the parade, and sat on a another bench waiting for and listening to Mannheim Steamroller.  It's not like we were walking nonstop all day.

This morning we will have a low-key, work-around-the-house morning.  At 1 p.m. I will Mah Jongg while Mark keeps working.  (Love how that sounds!)  At 4 p.m. we are driving over to Disney's Hollywood Studios for dinner in the Commissary and viewing of the Osborne Lights.  There will be plenty of walking there, too.

Hanukkah starts tomorrow night.  We are very excited for that. I'm going to find our decorations this morning and put some up.  Mark and I are the ones asked to sing the blessings at the Solivita Menorah Lighting tomorrow night.  That will be lovely.  Last year we were also asked to do it.  My voice wasn't very good last year due to a little cold I had.  Fortunately, Mark sings great.  I also had Evey last year to help because Hanukkah started the evening before Thanksgiving, the earliest it can ever be or ever will be again in my lifetime.  It was so much fun up there with Mark and Evey.  Well, tomorrow night, no Evey, but I'll be thinking of her.

This year there were lots of big balloons sitting in various places around the park.  Grove is so HUGE!

The Knight Bus is outside Diagon Alley.  We looked at it close up this trip.

Inside the bus!  Just like in the third movie.

Walked over to I of A for this show.


Then back to US for the parade.

Last year and this year we sat by the big tree to wait for the parade.  Any little shows that the performers do is in front of the tree, including Santa lighting it up.


Caterpillar was new this year.



Ended the night with the fabulous sounds of Mannheim Steamroller and dinner at Moe's.  We were bundled up in multiple layers and mittens, so we were more comfortable this year than last.

No comments:

Post a Comment