Friday, December 26, 2014

Merry Christmas to all my family and friends celebrating today!

I am in front of my computer at 10 a.m.  The Disney Christmas parade is about to start.  Nice.

We came home late last night from three days of magic at WDW and the Grand Floridian.  There will be pictures!  There may be too many for just one report.  Maybe I'll spread them out over a few days.

The short version is we had a wonderful time, and I ate too much, as always.  I'm up three pounds in three days to 277.  It's kind of shocking to me that I'm essentially back to the obese state where I spent most of my life.  I hope I can put the brakes on before I find myself over 300 again.  As we walked around the parks for miles and miles, I got blisters on my feet, aching hips, and a very painful back.  I'm back to where I was five years ago when i could only walk a block or two before I had to sit down because the back pain was so bad.  I'm not quite that bad yet, but it does start to hurt in a very short time.  It's entirely due to the weight.  I know that. I also barely have any clothes that fit anymore. I gave away all my 3X and 4X clothes when I lost the weight. I was down to just L or XL when I was in the low 200 range.  I'm glad I kept all the 2X sizes because that's all I've got that fits right now.  Sad.

Today we will have the Jewish Christmas: movies and Chinese food.  At least I do plan to eat my usual breakfast (already had my 3 Morningstar links and a sugar free yogurt, 200 calories) and lunch at home.  Of course, Chinese food is full of calories and sodium.  Our plan is to go see two movies today at the Regal (trying to avoid AMC Downtown Disney today.  It would be chaos!) using the gift card from my sister for my birthday.  With any luck we will see Annie and Into the Woods.

So have a wonderful day celebrating Christmas or whatever.  Enjoy your family and friends.

Love to all and wishing you a Happy New Year, too.
Hanukkah Ball table decorations.  We provided the blue bag, full of everything you need to play Texas Hold'em Dreidel.

We really enjoyed this Ball.

Maybe Mark was enjoying it a bit too much.

Harpist playing in the lobby as people entered.

Barbara A. and me.  Barbara and her husband Steve, originally from Rockville, MD, were the first people we met at Solivita.  They were assigned to take us out to dinner and talk up the community when we did Discovery Days in June of 2010.  Now we sing together in Guys and Dolls!




1 comment:

  1. I actually didn't put this up until the day after Christmas because the blog was cranky on Christmas. Maybe too many people were on it. Anyway, I wrote it on Christmas, but couldn't get the pictures to post until the day after.

    ReplyDelete