Friday, December 19, 2014

So many beautiful lights.

We had a lovely day visiting a few countries in Epcot and then the lights at the Fort Wilderness campgrounds.  I have never seen so many Disney decorations, including an insane number of blow up things.  There was a group of 30 or so of us.  Dinner was delicious, as always at the Trail's End Buffet.  We were just there a month ago with Rudy, and it was just as good this time!   LOL!

Tonight and tomorrow we are having dinner at home, and then that's IT for the next five nights.  We are eating dinner out, and many lunches out as well, for the next five nights!  Crazy.

Saturday night is at home.  Sunday is the Hanukkah Ball; Monday is at Garden Grill in The Land at Epcot for our anniversary dinner; Tuesday is somewhere quick service at Magic Kingdom; Wednesday is a special Christmas Eve dinner at The Contemporary Resort for DVC members (also our 8th night Hanukkah present to each other because it was EXPENSIVE!); and Thursday is Christmas Day Chinese food dinner (Hey, we're Jews!).  What a ride coming up!

Today is low-key at home in the morning. I'm catching up on two episodes of Amazing Race because I think the finale is tonight.  Between 1 and 4, we will work in the ANRL as always on Fridays.  Then Shabbat dinner at home and more Hanukkah candles and presents before racing out to the synagogue.  We don't usually go on Friday nights, but tonight Mark is leading a special Adult Program on choosing a new mitzvah to do for the year.  He is also presenting it again tomorrow for Saturday morning, so it will be a great program.  I think there may be a special luncheon for it tomorrow, too, but I'm not positive.

Meanwhile, my weight continues to climb despite doing nearly 10,000 steps yesterday at the park.  I ate a normal, low-calorie breakfast and lunch, but buffets are NOT my friend. 

I only ate a banana for a late night snack because I always worry about leg cramps.  I have not had one in several nights, which is lovely.  I'm trying a new experiment on that.  I have over 60 days worth of the muscle relaxants that the doctor gave me in October when my back was cramped up.  For some reason Express Scripts shipped out another supply, which I really didn't need.  Now I'm trying one at bedtime each night.  Hey, it's a muscle relaxant.  Maybe it can keep my legs relaxed for six hours at night.  So far  it has worked!  I have not had a leg cramp since I thought of this, which is four nights.  Maybe I'm on to something.  Between being sure the potassium levels are good with multi-vitamins and a banana plus drinking at least 8 ounces of Tonic Water (diet) for the quinine, and now the muscle relaxant (only 2 mg of the drug, a very low dose), maybe I can stop having these horrible cramps.

Meanwhile, relax and enjoy some photos from yesterday.
Father Christmas in UK.  Yes, he traditionally wears green.  Who knew?

Enjoying the new Celtic band in UK.

Pere Noel in France

Moroccan lady telling about many traditions.

Canadian carolers.

Gospel group

At the gigantic long table at Trail's End

In red, our president and founder of the Disney Fan Club, Ron.

Two beautiful horses who pulled our wagon.





No comments:

Post a Comment