Friday, December 12, 2014

Sleeping In

Last evening, we had a wonderful time at Bob and Jane's house for the NARFE Board Meeting and dinner. Mark made a new recipe, a Southwestern style bean salad, that was our main dish and delicious.  I took hummus and chips, also.  Except for desserts and nuts, there was nothing else there that we could eat anyway.  There were 12 of us, and it was a lovely, congenial group.

When I went to bed, I told Mark I wasn't setting my alarm.  Usually it goes off at 7, but I turned it off last night, expecting to sleep to about 8.  Unfortunately, I got up at 2:45 with a leg cramp that took an hour to resolve. I started walking around the house to stretch and relax the leg.  Then I figured that as long as I was pacing around, I might as well do some chores.  I got a lot of things done that I was going to do this morning!  LOL!

I went back to bed an hour later at 3:45 and then I slept like the proverbially LOG until Mark came in to wake me up at 9:30 with a cup of hot coffee in his hand.  Who knows how long I might have continued to sleep if he hadn't done that.  LOL!

So now the morning is much shorter than usual.  I need to get up to the Farmer's Market to buy some fresh veggies for a salad for another holiday party tomorrow evening.  This one is for the volunteer staff at the library, where we will work today from 1-4 p.m. as we do every Friday.  At this point, I have a mere two hours left before I have to leave to get over there. I had best stop typing this blog and move on.  I have done nothing since Mark got me up an hour ago except play on Facebook and sip coffee.  Time to get a move on.

No comments:

Post a Comment