Thursday, December 11, 2014

FRUSTRATION!!!

This morning I was like a kid at Christmas. I thought about this morning all night!  In fact, I've been thinking about this morning for several months.  I got up at 7 a.m., bright-eyed and ready to go. I ran to the computer and booted it up. I poured a cup of coffee and prepared to wait until 8 a.m.

And what was supposed to happen at 8 a.m?  Something wonderful.  What DID happen? NOTHING!

For months I have been waiting until 8 a.m. this morning, December 11, to book three nights at the Animal Kingdom Lodge with a Savannah View for July 11-14 as a First Wedding Anniversary gift to my son Lowell and his bride Emily on my DVC points.  Every day for months I've been checking their "Resort Availability Tool" to be sure the room was still open.  It has been.  I had to wait until today because it's not my "home resort," which is the Grand Floridian. I'm only allowed to book the non-home resorts at the 7 month window, which is TODAY.

Then yesterday there was a banner on the page saying DVC Member Services and dvcmember.com were down for maintenance as of 2 p.m. Dec. 10 but would reopen on the 11th.  So, I came out this morning, but it was still down with a banner saying it would reopen at 9 a.m.

Now I had to wait another hour.  Bummer, but okay.  I was slightly frustrated, but I amused myself with TV and Facebook and breakfast and talking to Mark.

Then it was 9 a.m.  Excitement was building. I brought up the site and it said DOWN!  No indication of when it would open; however, the DVC Member services by phone was open.  I dialed it and was politely told my call would be answered in only approximately TWENTY-FIVE minutes.  UGH!  Oh, the irony!  The man keeps telling me for faster service I can use the website.  If only I could....sigh.

So, now I'm killing the time by listening to the phone play Christmas Music and periodically tell me to be patient as my call will be answered soon and have my DVC Member card and dates ready. I'm also typing this blog.  GGRRRR!

FLASH FORWARD....

It's 9:50.  My 25 minute wait turned out to be only 15.  The lady who helped me was very perky, charming, happy, Disney-fairy magical!  She made all my wishes come true.  And Lowell and Emily's as well.

Now if it only goes as well on January 2 when I try to book Aulani for my birthday.

The rest of the day will be shopping and preparing for the NARFE chapter Board Meeting Holiday party at Bob's house in Lakeland.  We need to leave at 3 for that and it's now about 10.  Better get moving!

No comments:

Post a Comment