Monday, December 8, 2014

Monday Blues

I have been having a great time and running, running, running.  What else is new!  Yet, for the last few days, I've also felt a little less than myself, extra tired, a little "out of it", even light-headed yesterday.  Hm...maybe I'm coming down with a cold.

So today we cancelled all our plans except tonight's choir rehearsal at SOJC.  I can't cancel that!

We were supposed to meet some Marylanders at the Hollywood Studios at 11 a.m. for a few hours, then head to Epcot for another few hours before having a quick, cheap dinner at Denny's and heading to the rehearsal.  UGH....it's cold and rainy.  I decided this is NOT a good day to keep running around outdoors.  I am snug in my blue fleece bathrobe and sipping hot coffee.  I'm still feeling tired and now I'm sneezing and blowing my nose.  Yeah, maybe that cold that Kip and Denise were nursing is starting to get me.  Did I mention that last week at my med onc appointment she told me my throat was red looking and asked if I was sick?  I didn't feel sick then, but maybe it's just settling in.  I don't know what's going on, but I do know I was not up to a cold rainy day tromping around the parks for hours and hours today.

We had a great time at Epcot for a few hours yesterday, although I got tired quickly and felt light-headed and a little dizzy.  We went to four Holidays Around the World celebrations at World Showcase.  We started with the Lion Dance in China, which is new this year.  It was great. Then we walked next door to Germany for Helga, the Storyteller.  She is not new, but Mark and I had never seen that one before.  Next stop is Italy where we watched the Witch.  She is also not new, but we hadn't gone there before either.  Then to Japan.  We had seen this one last year, but even though the story of Japan's New Year's celebrations was the same, the lady this year was WAY BETTER.  She was so cute and animated. I was smiling through the whole thing.  Then we just headed home, although I was so exhausted when we got to the tram ride that I thought I was going to cancel my night time plans.

When we got home, Mark made a quick dinner of hot dogs and chili.  I started to feel better, so we went on up to the Guys and Dolls Concert.  I'm so glad I went because they were awesome.  It was fun to sit and see all my friends and acquaintances up there.  Several said hi to me at intermission. I'm so glad I went!  Hopefully, I will do it again next year.

Now for the really bad news.  My weight is up again.  This morning I was 272.1.  It's within just three pounds of my highest weight since we moved to Florida.  When I hit that number in the spring of 2013, I went home and worked hard to lose it. I lost 40 pounds, so last year on December 11, I weighed only 232.  Unfortunately, I have put those forty pounds back this year.  I'm sure yo-yoing is worse for the body than just maintaining a weight, but maintaining a weight is something I have never been good at doing.

Here are some pictures from Epcot yesterday.






No comments:

Post a Comment