Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Back home.

We took the auto train back.  It arrived on time about 9 a.m. in Sanford yesterday, but we were among the final ten out of over three hundred cars to get called.  That meant we sat in the station until 11:15. Crazy.  By the time we made several stops on the way home, including lunch at Perkins, it was about 3:30 and we were exhausted.  It took several more hours to unload the car and get everything put away.  I ended up going to bed about 10:30, which is an hour early for me.

Today I had a 7 a.m. fasting blood draw for the doctor's appointment next week to discuss my potential diabetes.  This morning my sugar was 112, a very good number for me lately.  I had only 127 carbs yesterday.  Back on Sept. 9 I had a 122 fasting sugar after only 121 carbs the day before, and on Sept. 7,  I had only 91 carbs with a fasting sugar the next morning of 117. On Sept. 4, I had a whopping 175 carbs and my sugar reading the next morning was only 111.  So I'm not sure there's a great correlation.  Today I'm having an excellent day with only 82 carbs for the whole day, 1215 calories.  I'm very curious to see what the fasting reading tomorrow morning will be.  I have been hoping that I'd find that magic number of carbs to eat that would give me reading 100 or less in the morning.  Maybe 82 will be it!  Weight loss is the real answer, but that's slow.

Then at 10 a.m. I had a dentist appointment to get the crown for that molar that had the root canal back on August 24.  I was supposed to go back in three weeks to get the permanent crown, but we will already be gone to Canada, so I'm going back on Oct. 23, the day after the cruise ends.  That means babying this temporary crown, which is more fragile than the permanent filling that had been in there, for five weeks.  Again I'm going on soft foods, nothing sticky or crunchy.  She said don't chew on that side at all!  HAHA!  I reminded her that I have no teeth on the other side, so that's the ONLY side I can chew on.  So she just said be extra careful!  That's what I'll have to do.

And tonight my SOJC choir will have its final choir rehearsal before the High Holiday performances on Thursday and Friday.  They missed a lot of rehearsals because we were gone for three weeks instead of one week due to the hurricane.  At least the two newest hurricanes out there are going to miss Florida.  Sadly, that is not true for some of the same islands that Irma hit.


No comments:

Post a Comment