Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party

This evening we are going to the Magic Kingdom's party.  We have gone three times in the past, but this year we were supposed to be there with Evey and Eric on Sept. 12.  Unfortunately, we stayed in Maryland to avoid Hurricane Irma, and Evey and Eric went by themselves.  Disney let us change our tickets without a penalty, so tonight is the night. I hope to get lots of pictures and put some up tomorrow morning.

We have a NARFE Board Meeting in Lakeland at 11 a.m. with lunch, the Big Catch Salad, at Beef O'Brady's.  Then we are going to the president's home for Mark to have a tutorial session for a while about taking over as president.  Mark is the nominee to be the Strawberry Chapter's next president.  Go, Mark!

After that tutorial, we are driving straight to the Magic Kingdom.  We plan to eat dinner at the Columbia Harbor House where we can get either vegetarian chili or a salmon plate with broccoli.  Either of those should be fine.  When you are at the party, the crowds are lower making it easy to walk on most rides.  There are special shows and parades and lots of special Photopass opportunities.  Sadly, there are also lots of special Halloween snacks to buy and a bag to fill up with pounds and pounds of candy handed out at various stations.  Since I'm desperately trying to lose weight and avoid full-blown diabetes, eating snacks and gathering candy would be STUPID!

Mark always gets the candy.  He eats maybe one or two small pieces for a night time snack, which makes his candy bag last over a year.  I'm pretty sure last year's bag is not empty up there in the pantry.  I, on the other hand, finished my huge bag of candy in about a week because I would eat ten or twelve pieces at a time, sometimes more than once in a day.  Binge-eating at its finest!

So, right now my plan is to concentrate on shows and photos and buy NO special snacks and get NO candy.  i really don't think I can control eating the candy in small amounts like Mark does so why even bring it into the house as a temptation?

I'll see tonight if I can do it. Wish me luck!

This morning I am quite happy because despite eating out Saturday and Sunday nights, I am down again this morning.  In fact, I cracked the ceiling of the 270s and hit 269.4 this morning!  I am very, very excited about that.  Yesterday I had an excellent day of under 1200 calories and only 103 carbs. I was very active with a doctor's appointment, Mah Jongg, a lot of little jobs in the house, and then a choir rehearsal.  When I went to bed, I was EXHAUSTED.  I'm sure that all helped.  Today there will be a huge amount of walking around the Magic Kingdom, so that's going to help a lot.  I shall make the official Wednesday report tomorrow morning, and I hope it's the same as today and not higher.  I know for sure that the Big Catch Salad at Beef O'Brady's is VERY salty, so I could retain some fluid.  We shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment