Sunday, September 24, 2017

Great show. Great dinner. Great friends. Up a pound.

The production of Hunchback of Notre Dame far exceeded our expectations.  The Winter Haven theater has won many National awards for their performances, even though it is a community theater where everyone is a volunteer.  Amazing. Dinner with Donna and Alan was also excellent, and we always have a good time hanging out with them.  We all loved the show and the whole evening.

Although I tried to calculate my calories as accurately as possible and stayed at 1417 for the day, I am still up one pound today.  I am hoping that it is just water retention because we are going out to dinner again today.

This afternoon we are going to the Garden Theater in Winter Garden with Ed and Susie to see Jesus Christ, Superstar, the first show of our six show season at the Garden Theater.  This is our second year of buying the season ticket package to this theater.  We really love their productions.

Usually we eat lunch before the show, but this time we are going to have dinner after the show.  This is Magical Dining month in Orlando.  Many restaurants participate in this event where a prixe fixe menu costs $35 per person, and part of that price is donated to charity.  We have chosen to go to Hemingway's in the Grand Hyatt near WDW.  Our dinner choices are limited, so we are having a Caesar Salad, Grilled Grouper with garlic mashed potatoes and steamed asparagus, and a Key Lime Tart.  This is not a chain restaurant, so I could not find any nutritional data.  I just did what I did for last night's dinner: researched all the listings of those foods in my Lose It! data base, threw out the highest and lowest examples based on calorie counts, logged in one that seemed close to the highest calorie count and resembled the description of what we are going to eat as closely as possible.  I have done that, so the dinner could be 1023 calories and 77 carbs.  I can handle that as long as breakfast and lunch are low.  For breakfast I had my sugar free Greek yogurt and a sugar free Ensure drink.  That came to 160 calories and 10 carbs.  Lunch will be a can of low sodium tuna and a can of low sodium green beans for 190 calories and 11 carbs.  It's hard to do better than that for those meals.  Then almost all my calories and carbs for the day are coming at dinner.  It's not optimal to cram all your carbs and calories into one meal at night, but when you are eating out with unknown foods, I feel that it's best to try to save it all up for that one meal.  If I'm hungry later tonight after dinner, I have programmed sugar free jello for a snack.  My total calories for today will be 1453 and the carbs will be only 98.

Meanwhile this morning my blood sugar was 114 this morning.  My total carbs were 103 yesterday and 1417 calories.  Of course, those were just my best guesses, like today will be.  Not knowing exactly what you are eating is difficult.


No comments:

Post a Comment