Monday, September 4, 2017

It's Labor Day! It's Evey and Eric's sixth anniversary!

I have not posted since Friday.  That usually means I've been busy and having a great time.  This is no exception.

Saturday we went to Mishkan Torah because Rabbi Saul is there now!  It was exciting, wonderful, and even comforting to hear Saul's voice davening the morning service.  We really enjoyed the entire service and the chance to visit with old friends.  After service, Rabbi Saul led a Torah discussion.  Mark stayed the whole time, but I could only stay twenty minutes because I was scheduled to play Mah Jongg at Annie H.'s house at 1 p.m.

I went to Annie's house, where there were seven of us playing.  I was the ONLY one who did not win a single game.  Ouch!  I predicted that, though, because I had won six games on Monday.  Robin, who had been having a long dry spell, broke that spell by winning FIVE games in a ROW!  She won a few after that, too, I think.  Anyway, the point was to have fun and be with friends, and I certainly did do that.

I also over ate like crazy!  Arlene had made a special cinnamon challah loaf that I had specifically requested. I literally, and I mean that LITERALLY, ate three-quarters of the entire loaf by myself.  Unbelievably delicious.  I ate a scoop of whitefish salad, a little bean dip, and a little hummus, along with one slice of regular challah, and a cookie.  If I had not eaten so much cinnamon challah, the lunch would not have been too bad!  LOL!

We left Annie's at 4 and headed back to Cindy's for a brief respite before heading to Lowell's in-laws, Phil and Pat.  Surprise!  They had brought their two dogs, Trillian and Ozma.  They were adorable, and we had never seen them running like crazy through a big open yard, so that was a lot of fun.  Phil grilled salmon and there were baked potatoes, salad, bread, and my asparagus.  Emily and Lowell had brought a giant fruit tart for dessert that was spectacular.  This was our first time at their house, and it was warm, cozy, inviting, and loving.  We had a blast.

Of course, Sunday was the main event, the reason we are here, the wedding of Ilan Oresky and Kat Haynos.  They were married in the Willard Hotel, just two blocks from the White House on Pennsylvania Avenue.  It was really beautiful, and since Saul and Phyllis were only allowed to invite 30 people, we felt especially honored to be included in that group.

Today I weighed 277, which I think is okay after the weekend.  I also have not tested my blood for two days, but my last test was normal and I have not been experiencing the intense thirst.  I have now  bought my own blood sugar monitor, and today I plan to set it up so that I can test whenever I want without bothering Mark.  Also later today Cindy will join us to go to a movie at the local theater.  We plan to see The Hitman's Bodyguard.

And before I forget, Happy Anniversary to Mr. and Mrs. Eric Gaertner.  Today is their SIXTH anniversary.  Time really does fly.  Also, they have actually been together as a couple for 12 years.  Amazing.  Wishing them many more decades of happiness.

Here are a few pictures from dinner Saturday night, the wedding, and Evey and Eric.



Lowell and his dog Ozma.


Cindy took this one at her house before we left for the wedding.


Kat and Ilan

Xenia and Joel Oresky


Louis Rosen and girlfriend Brook.

Jeremiah Oresky, cousin of the groom, with Mark.

Good friends, Jeff and Mark.


The first dance as a married couple.

Rabbi Saul did kiddish and ha-motzi and gave a lovely speech to the bride and groom.


Father and daughter dance.

Mother and son dance
And Happy Anniversary to Evey and Eric.

Pictures from a trip to WDW back in 2013.



No comments:

Post a Comment