Sunday, September 17, 2017

We're finally going home.

I have been so busy and having so much fun that I never sat down to write a blog since Wednesday. Now it's Sunday and we are boarding the auto train for home.  

We had a wonderful time with Jon and Jen Wednesday night, but I forgot to take a picture of them. Last night we had a great time with Lowell and Emily at the Vegan restaurant Great Sage, but I also forgot to take a picture.  Friday night we had a great time at Rabbi Saul's house for dinner, but, yes, you guessed it, no picture. Oh, well.

Thursday we also bought some plastic flowers at Walmart to put on the pets' graves. They look nice and will make it easy to find them next time.

So now we are packing and cleaning in order to meet Virginia friends, John and Bev, for lunch at a Subway near the train station.

So our 8 day trip turned into 18, but we are finally going home.

Here is a picture of our visit to Irene and Gary and one of the plastic flowers on Ace and Sirikit's graves.  Next blog will be written in Florida!

Oh, one thing before the pictures.  I lost control of my eating Wednesday night with Jon and Jen, and the Tofu Stir Fry last night at Great Sage was super salty.  So this morning I am up FIVE and a HALF pounds. I'm sure it's water retention.  At least, that's what I hope.  This morning I weighed 276.8, which is actually the same as when we left to come up here.  On Wednesday, August 30, I reported a weight of 276.7 just before we drove off to get on the north bound train.  I even said I was happy with that weight because it was the same as the week before.  LOL  So on this trip I had actually dropped 5.4 pounds in two and a half weeks, which would have been great, and now I've blown that in just the last days.  Some of it is water retention, I'm sure, because the tofu stir fry was super salty.  I will be good on the train, and maybe after I'm home, I can report in the next blog that the five pounds are gone again.  We shall see.

Mark, me, cousin Irene Smith, and her husband Gary.

Harley, Irene and Gary's kitty.


 
And here are a few of the Photopass pictures from Evey and Eric's WDW vacation.  They had a most marvelous time.  The park was not damaged by the hurricane and the crowds were exceedingly light. It never even rained on them at all. They were there from last Tuesday, but they arrived back home last night.





No comments:

Post a Comment