Saturday, June 5, 2010

Farewell Party

We are visiting Evey's future in-laws today. All her worldly possessions have been loaded into a storage pod, ready to ship to California on Monday. When we saw the size of the two pods (very small) and the piles of belongings of Evey and Eric (very, very LARGE), I had my doubts they could take everything. BUT Eric's dad is a GENIUS at fitting things together. Eric, his dad, and Evey worked tirelessly for hours, but it's all in there and ready to go.

There will be a big farewell party at her fiance's house this afternoon, complete with an outdoor tent and catering! It will be a beautiful party.

Sadly I feel like sh&t. I have had a cough and a head cold for 8 days, but yesterday it just seemed to increase in devilishness exponentially! I am achy all over, couldn't sleep, coughing, no voice left at all. I am miserable! Oh, well...the party must go on. I just hope I don't infect too many of their relatives! LOL

Eric's mom Leslie, took Mark and me to a fabulous kosher restaurant for dinner last night while the other three were loading the pod. (We brought them take out so they didn't miss out on the deliciousness.) Unbelievably huge menu, and everything was delicious. I had matzo ball soup with a matzo ball the size of NJ. Mark and I both had London broil with fried onions and mushrooms. It was a huge portion, very delicious. It came with salad bar (which included meatballs and cookies) and two sides. We each chose asparagus with mushrooms and stuffed derman with gravy. OMG we had not eaten MEAT stuffed derma in decades. So delicious, so NOT healthy!

Obviously my calorie count yesterday was astronomical, but my tummy was in heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment