Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Do you ever wonder where the weight you lost went?

I used to believe that weight is a constant in the universe. If someone lost it, someone else had to find it to maintain the balance of weight in the universe. I was maintaining other people's weight for YEARS!! Lately someone has been trying to send it back, but the past two days I have stayed on target and foiled that someone's attempt. LOL

Seriously, do you know where it goes? I do. It leaves your body in all of the functions which send things out of the body into the universe: respiration, urination, etc. Oh, boy, yesterday I was urinating in every rest stop from South Bend to Omaha! I also drank a lot of coffee and diet soda, so that had something to do with it, too, I'm sure.

Our 565 mile drive took 11 hours, the same as the 630 mile drive the day before. Of course, besides stopping at virtually every rest area, I also got stopped by Illinois' finest. I was going 74 in a 65 zone about 40 miles from the Iowa border. He pulled me over, but he was very nice. He was amused because about 20 minutes before he had pulled over a driver from Davidsonville, MD, about 25 minutes from our house in Laurel. Our license says AA county, and he had asked that driver what AA stood for and then asked us. This seemed to amuse him. He talked to us for nearly 20 minutes before saying he would let me off with a warning. Bless you, Mr. Illinois State Trooper! I then pulled off at the nearest rest area to leave some weight behind.

After that I used the cruise control for most of the day to stay about 2 miles BELOW the speed limit. I felt like the pokey little puppy on the road. The big rigs were whizzing by me, but I felt that if I got stopped again and they noticed I had just gotten a warning, it would be all over for me! I had no interest in paying a large fine or spending any time in a foreign jail. LOL

My calorie count yesterday was 1600, not as good as the day before, but still lower than I had been doing for months. Breakfast in the Microtel was a bit higher than what I have at home: Cheerios, skim milk, yogurt, and one hard boiled egg. Dinner at the Omaha Denny's was excellent and included the usual 750 calories for the Sr. Lemon Pepper Tilapia dinner. We also learned that the bacon bits that are sometimes added to the green beans are SOY! Oh happy day. However I will still ask for them not to be added because it's probably another 20 or 30 calories and a lot of sodium that I don't need.

This morning we are going to the Durham Museum in Omaha. It opens at 10 a.m., and we hope to spend about two hours there. It's a railroad museum, and Mark and I both love trains. We have to cover 475 miles today, starting around noon. I hope to be pulling into Cheyenne, WY by 10 pm. It could be longer if I have to stop at every rest area again!

No comments:

Post a Comment