Friday, June 25, 2010

Medical Update

Although not technically related to weight loss, I am now having another medical issue that could affect my weight if I let it. Whereas the hernia surgery required the weight loss and kept me on track for six months, this problem won't exactly be weight related, and usually when I'm stressed I eat. Now I'm stressed again over a medical issue. I should NOT be stressed, but it's hard to stop it. If I let the stress get to me too much, I will overeat. I must not let that happen. I must look at this as another opportunity to do the right thing to stay as healthy as possible just in case more medical things have to happen in my future.

On Tuesday I found a lump in my left breast. I was out of town, so I couldn't get to the doctor until today. I just got home from the gynecologist. She said there is an 85% chance that this is nothing serious. I just had a normal routine mammogram and normal routine GYN visit at the end of April. It's not likely a 2 cm sized lump that is serious would show up in just two months time, but to be safe she is sending me for an ultrasound, which will take place today at 2 p.m., and then an appointment with a surgeon. I don't think the surgeon's visit will get scheduled until three weeks from now because of our summer plans, but she said don't worry about it. She said three weeks would not make a difference even if it was the worst case scenario, which she is 85% sure it is not.

So I really don't think there is anything to worry about, but overeating is my usual anti-stress mechanism. Today, at least until after dinner, I have so many chores to do that there will be little time to eat. There is edging, trimming, and weeding to be done. I have some shopping to do, laundry to fold and put away, an ultrasound to get, bills to pay, banks to visit, etc. Best stop typing and get to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment