Friday, June 4, 2010

Hard day

Yesterday was a hard day. I weeded, fed, and watered the flower garden; I drove Mark to Johns Hopkins to finish up his part of a cardiac research study; we picked up a rental truck; we loaded the rental truck in 90 degree heat; and I went to a choir rehearsal. All of this with a miserable cold in my head! UGH.

Our house looks even emptier than before now that all of Evey's things, literally ALL of her things, are in the rental truck. She is on her way today to her new life. Her fiance has rented two storage pods, so they will unload the truck's contents this evening and put them in the pods along with his stuff. The pods will be shipped to California on Monday; the two of them will fly out to their motel in Sunnyvale on Tuesday. Their first order of business is to get a car, then find an apartment. Eric will begin working at Apple Computer a week from Monday. So last night was Evey's last night in her childhood home because the house will be sold before she will be flying back to the east coast. Wow, talk about stress.

I know that this will go very well for them. I have a strong feeling that this is the right path for them, but it makes it a little bittersweet for Mark and me. I wonder if all of this underlying stress from these changes is making it so hard for me to get back to my diet? I would like to blame it on that, but I faced many changes and stresses last year and yet stuck to the plan. I really believe that the fear of that surgery kept me going, and now I have no fear. It's sad that I can only stick to the diet when I'm afraid for my life. I would like to get that feeling back! I was 211 on Tuesday, but now I'm 215. I ate way too many cold lozenges yesterday, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment