Monday, June 28, 2010

Remember When...

I remember when 220 was a great weight. I was excited that I hit 220 by the day of the hernia surgery, last November 2. Today hitting 220 is NOT so great. It means that I have gained 15 pounds since the lowest number of 205 back at the end of February. It means I'm out of control.

Today we headed for California to deliver the car to Evey. We drove 625 miles, so now I'm sitting in a Microtel in South Bend, Indiana. I didn't pack my scale, so the next time I see my weight will be Friday morning, July 9. I'm going to do my best to be good until then, and maybe I'll see a loss. If all the days go as well as today, I should see a very nice loss.

Today I made excellent food choices. I had four soy sausage links (160) at home for breakfast. Four hours later, I had a mid-morning snack of a Kellogg's Protein/Anti-Oxidant Chocolate Chip bar (120 calories) which was really delicious. I had my usual 190 calories double turkey meat salad at Subway somewhere in Ohio for lunch. I had a sugar-free, fat-free vanilla latte (110 calories) somewhere in Indiana for a mid-afternoon snack. Then for dinner we went to Bob Evans next door to this Microtel. I had the special diet plate of potato crusted flounder, plain baked potato, and broccoli which was advertised as 418 caloreies. Later with TV tonight I will eat the banana I brought with me.

Calories for today: 1130. This is excellent, although there was very little exercise today. Still it's a great calorie count.

Tomorrow we will drive about the same amount of miles to Gretna, Nebraska, a suburb of Omaha. I plan to eat well tomorrow also. And the next day, and the next, etc. This should work until I get to San Francisco on the Fourth of July! Still, I hope to be reasonable and add a lot of walking.

No comments:

Post a Comment