Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Nobody Left?

I have not posted in two weeks, so I don't blame people if nobody is left reading this blog, but I'm posting today whether anyone reads it or not.

I have been traveling. In May we brought Evey back from Boston with all her stuff and spent three wonderful weeks with her before she flew to California. She and Eric spent one week out there getting their new car and finding an apartment in Santa Clara. They moved in this past weekend, and it sounds like a beautiful apartment. Eric began working for Apple Computers as a Hardware Design Engineer last Monday. Evey is working this week as a substitute Athletic Trainer at the University of San Francisco, and next Monday she will start a part time job in a physical therapy clinic. Their life seems to be going very well! Next week Mark and I will begin our odyssey of delivering her car to them. We'll arrive on July 4 and get to see the San Francisco fireworks together. We'll also have a chance to visit friends, take in a baseball game, and see a few other sites.

In the meantime Mark and I are in the Poconos for a relaxing 10 days of sunning, swimming, visiting friends, and overeating. Yes, the buffet has not been my friend lately. I have been putting on weight instead of taking it off. Today is Tuesday, and I weighed 218. It's creeping back on. I have been feeling out of control for a long time now, and I don't do the things I KNOW will work. I feel somewhat self-destructive again, which is how I have spent most of my life. At least yesterday I did take a long hike in the woods on a nature trail. It was only about a mile and a half total but it was very steep. In fact at one point we had to go down a really long, very steep stretch, and I was a bit afraid I would fall. Fortunately Mark and I both made it to the bottom safely. Last week we walked a two mile trek for Breast Cancer and that was a good feeling to do that without too much trouble. We are going to hike again today, but we're going to stick to the easier trails.

We have been pre-occupied much of this time with houses. We enjoyed our week in Florida and found a fabulous house in Solivita. We put a contract on it, contingent on the sale of our house in Maryland. We have dropped the price of our current house and have all our fingers and toes crossed that there will be a sale by the end of the summer.

Next Tuesday I'll be weighing in at a motel in Omaha, Nebraska. If I don't blog before then, I'll try to put something up at least a week from today.

No comments:

Post a Comment