Tuesday, June 29, 2010

On to Omaha

Slept pretty good in this little Microtel motel. The bed must have been comfortable because I woke up with no back ache. At home I almost always get up with a back ache. Hm...maybe I should get this kind of bed for our new house. LOL Since my calories were so low yesterday and I drank so much coffee and water, I had to get up four times during the night. Ha Ha! I take that as a good sign for losing weight, and I still feel wide awake this morning at 6:30 a.m.

We have to drive a bit over 600 miles again today to reach Gretna, Nebraska, a suburb of Omaha. We will have our complimentary continental breakfast at the motel and then be on our way by 8 a.m., I hope. We're going to gain an hour when we hit Illinois, so that will make our arrival earlier than yesterday coming into South Bend. The drive yesterday was very smooth. The traffic was light the entire way, and we only hit a bit of a rainstorm around the PA/OH border. It only lasted about 20 minutes, so it barely slowed us up. Although there were several construction zones with lane closures, the traffic was so light that we never encountered a single back up. I'm hoping today goes as smoothly!

Our motel breakfast will not include any eggs (I asked at check-in last night), so we bought two hard-boiled eggs at Bob Evans last night to bring here for breakfast. We wanted four, but they only had two in the restaurant. How is that possible in a restaurant that claims to serve breakfast all day? The couple at the booth next to us got omelets and fried eggs with steak as their entrees while we were finishing up. Do they use liquid eggs for those things? Well, anyway, we each have one hard-boiled egg for breakfast. Mark always has his walnuts and low-carb bars to supplement. I'll have to be careful about what else I take from the buffet. I'm planning to have another excellent day and try to regain the control that has been eluding me for so long. I'll keep you posted on my success!

No comments:

Post a Comment