Friday, June 25, 2010

Oh the WEEDS!

We got home last night around 5 p.m. I was shocked at the amount of WEEDS that grew in my flowerbeds in the 11 days that we were gone. It's awful. Also two of my marigold plants are DEAD. So sad. They are just dried up twigs. I really don't know why. On the other hand, the impatiens that I foolishly planted in the bright sunny front yard are thriving. Go figure. I watered everything this morning, and later this afternoon I'll be waging serious war on the weeds again.

I had a day of reasonable eating yesterday, not great (about1800 calories), but much better than I have been doing. So my reward? Up half a pound to 216 and a half. Oh, well...that's the way things go. That's why I'm not supposed to weigh in every day.

Today will be a day filled with so many chores that I don't know how I will get them all done, so there's nothing to do but get started. My reward for that will be Shabbat services tomorrow morning, the chance to see lots of friends that we have not seen in probably a month, and an afternoon of playing Mah Jongg. It really will be a great reward.

No comments:

Post a Comment