Friday, November 16, 2012

Doctor's Visit

Mark and I have our every-four-months check-up with the primary care doctor this morning.  We both had our blood draws last week, so we will see how our numbers are today, especially cholesterol and sugar.  She will also yell at me about my weight, which is up six or seven pounds since last time.  I weighed in at home this morning, naked and before breakfast, at 262.5.  Not good.

I just looked back over the blog to check those weights.  I saw the old doctor last December at six or seven pounds less than today; then I met the new doctor in March at about a pound less than I will be today, meaning up those 6-7; I saw her in July and she was happy because I had lost the 6-7 pounds; now today I will be back up those same pounds.  I'm definitely riding a yo-yo. Not good.

The endocrinologist's lecture on Wednesday mentioned pre-diabetes, but I saw in a previous blog that this lady primary care doctor does not believe in it.  If your fasting sugar is 100, on that day you ARE a diabetic.  Period.  The endocrinologist thought that people like me ought to have an A1C test, like full diabetics do, because that was a more informative test than just one fasting sugar.  If my fasting sugar is 100 again this time, I will ask her for that test next time.  In March my sugar was 100 and in July it was 98.  She hated the 100 and loved the 98.  Is that really such a big difference?

Also my cold is just driving me crazy.  The really sad thing about it is that I wanted to get a flu shot today while I am in the office, but I know I can't have it with a cold.  Bummer.  Now I'll try to hit up Publix in a week or so when the cold is over.  Both Mark and I want that shot before we go on our December cruise.

After this appointment, I plan to do NOTHING the rest of the day.  My head is pounding from the clogged sinuses. I have no fever, but I have had such a sinus headache for the last three days.  And of course, my voice left me entirely Wednesday morning.  Nothing. It is difficult to talk, so I probably shouldn't. Better to type a blog and post on FB.  LOL!

Check back tomorrow for the doctor's results.



1 comment:

  1. steps weight loss is not simply something you go through for a few months: it should redefine your lifestyle. Reminding yourself of your goals and of the dangers of eating too much is crucial and will be of great benefit to you over time.

    ReplyDelete