Friday, November 23, 2012

Happy Day After Thanksgiving

I hope everyone enjoyed their Thanksgiving.  Mark and I had a wonderful day with Lowell, Evey, and Eric.  Mostly we stayed indoors, cooking, watching football, and, of course, eating.  We took a small amount of time to drive Eric around our neighborhood in Solivita and then walk a little around a lake.  Usually there are lots of birds and alligators, but yesterday, there was nothing out.  Still, it was good to get some fresh air and a walk.

Today I have a 9 a.m. rehearsal to sing "Maoz Tsur" and "Oh, Hanukkah" with the Solivita Chimers.  Their concert is tomorrow night.  They have agreed to do my songs first, so I can get out of there quickly.  The rest of the family is horseback riding today at WDW.  I will be watching, but it's going to be a chilly day, so I'm bundling up.

Now to recap what you missed.

Our day at Epcot and the Studios with Evey's friend Brittany was FANTASTIC!  Everything went as planned.  I have posted some pictures from that day at the bottom of the blog.

On Tuesday, we all had tickets for the ICE! show at Gaylord Palms.  Well, three out of four of us enjoyed it, but I was home sick.  Turns out I'm allergic to amoxicillin.  I had been prescribe that for a sinus infection last Friday, but after four days on the drug I developed severe diarrhea and a fever.  I called the doctor, laid on the couch in misery all day, and woke up the next morning just fine.  The doctor called in a Z-pack instead, and now I seem to be fine.  The rest of them loved the ICE! show, so maybe next year I'll get to go.  There are a few pictures of that here, too.

Wednesday we picked up Lowell at the airport and went to the airboat ride.  Lots of fun, but not much wildlife was out there either.  Lots of ducks and egrets, a couple of bald eagles, and some limpkins. No gators.  We did get to have a chance to see the gators they keep on the property and to hold Fluffy!  Fluffy is a three year old gator that is very used to being held.  Mark and I didn't do it this time because we already have a picture of us holding it. 

So now you are all caught up on our week.  Here are some pictures!  Enjoy and have a great start to your weekend.

Brittany and Evey with Stitch at the Epcot entrance.

Me with the kids heading to World Showcase.

Brittany and Evey with the Osbourne lights at the Studios.
Heading in to see the ice sculptures.

Evey coming down the ice slide.

Evey in the big blue coat that everyone is given to wear.  It's only NINE degrees in there.
After the ICE!, they went to the new WDW resort, Art of Animation.


Evey and Eric with Prince Eric and his big letter E!!

Mark at the grand staircase inside the Grand Floridian resort.

Checking out the gingerbread house.
Fluffy on a picnic table

The Twistee Treat just opened in our neighborhood, so after the airboat ride, we tried it out.

Lowell chose a Cookiewich.

I got sugar free fat free small cone with butterscotch dip.  Doesn't really look very small, does it?
Our Thanksgiving Day walk


I loved using all my mother's beautiful china for our dinner table.

The kids watching TV in the family room.

No comments:

Post a Comment