Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Everybody went back to work.

Yesterday was the Monday after Thanksgiving break.  Most people had to go back to work yesterday, and I always thought it was depressing to do that on the one hand but not so bad on the other hand.  There are usually only a few more weeks before Winter Break! Also for music teachers, it signals a very busy season of final rehearsals and lots of concerts, so at least the time would pass very quickly.

It's better to be retired and go about your own business on your own schedule as you choose!

Mark and I dove into Cyber Monday with a vengeance yesterday morning.  Now my holiday shopping is all done.  I like to buy things throughout the year, especially on vacations when we travel. I often see something that looks perfect for someone, so I never hesitate to get it.  Then I use the internet to finish up the shopping.  It was fun, and now it's done!

I also played Mah Jongg in the afternoon and went to the penultimate Guys and Dolls rehearsal last night. It was my second, and final, turn to practice my solo/duet. It went ok.  I finished my Z-pack, and I feel pretty much back to normal.

Today Mark and I are going out to play mini-golf in the late morning.  It's going to be in the low 80s today, perfect for mini-golf.  We have a Living Social coupon to use up at a new location.  I'm also going to wrap and ship out the gifts that I have bought all year and are currently sitting on my dining room table. Then the only thing I have left to do will be get Christmas cards out.  Tonight we have our final Guys and Dolls rehearsal, with an audience.  People who can't come to the show are invited and also a local high school is bringing its chorus over to be our audience.  It should be fun!  The big performances are this weekend, Friday through Sunday.

One somber note: a very dear friend (no names as per the family's request), someone I have known for nearly forty years, had a first chemotherapy infusion yesterday. I heard it went well.  It's so sad to know anyone has to go through chemo and have cancer.  Maybe someday cancer will be finally eradicated.  I'm glad that so many people I know have beat it, and I hope this friend will also beat it.  I'm also glad for the American Cancer Society and their Relay for Life program. Here in Solivita, as every where in the country, there are many active teams that work hard to raise money for the ACS.  Great strides have been made, and I'm sure that I am alive today because of money raised and research done.  Let's all pray for my friend and for all those out there newly diagnosed.

No comments:

Post a Comment