Sunday, November 11, 2012

Real Veterans Day

I have no idea why yesterday was designated as Veterans Day in our area.  At first I thought it was just Solivita for some reason, but later I saw the Orlando Veterans Day Parade running on TV.  Strange.  Even though there was plenty of advertising for our ceremonies yesterday, there were more people IN the ceremony than watching.  There were FAR fewer than last year when it was on the real day. Maybe a hundred people are showing up right now and surprised to find nothing going on. LOL

Mark and I are heading to Downtown Disney shortly to do a double feature with a vegetarian chili lunch in between.  Our first movie will be Wreck-it Ralph, the newest Disney animated release.  The second one might be any number of films.  It will depend on the timing.

There is a big art show on the sidewalks throughout the Downtown Disney area today, so we will probably walk around and look at that as well.  We went to the gym yesterday and walked about 35 minutes.  I went down a pound, Thank God!  Next Friday I have my four month doctor visit.  She will NOT be happy if I have gained weight.  Unless I drop five pounds between now and then (possible but unlikely), I will show a gain for this four month period instead of the loss I promised here.  I have no one to blame but myself.


No comments:

Post a Comment