Saturday, November 10, 2012

Veterans' Day Ceremonies

I'm not sure why Solivita decided to have its traditional Veterans' Day Ceremony today instead of tomorrow.  Oh, well...

At 8:15 a.m. I will be meeting other members of Guys and Dolls and our director Ellen F. at the ballroom to warm up, our voices and our bodies.  It's another cold day.  We will wear red, white, and blue and perform all the theme songs of all the various divisions of the military during the ceremonies, which start at 9.  The Solivita Veterans Club will all be there in their uniforms.  I sang at this last year.  At Memorial Day there is an even longer ceremony.  I wasn't able to do that one last year, but maybe this coming spring I will.

I wrote about last year's Veterans Day also in the blog.  Last year it was a Friday, and the date was 11-11-11.  One of those really COOL dates.  There were a few pictures on that blog that I took that day.  I don't think I'm going to take my camera up today.  It was cool last year, but today it's down right COLD.  I might even wear gloves out there.

After the Veterans ceremony, I am going up to the Ceramics Gallery (where I have never been before) to join the Chimers Club for part of their rehearsal.  At their big holiday concert on November 24, they are chiming "Maoz Tsur," a very traditional Hanukkah song. I have been asked to sing it in Hebrew while they chime. I've never done anything like that, so it should be interesting.  Today is my one and only rehearsal with them. Hope it goes ok with this stupid sore throat and stuffy nose.

I have to say that the sore throat this morning is not nearly as bad as it was yesterday, but the stuffy nose is worse.  I felt kind of tired and dragged out yesterday.  Like most colds, it was really bad when I got up, improved through the middle of the day, and started to get worse again around 5 p.m.  I went to bed at 10:30 feeling very tired.  Since I just got up this morning at 6:15 for the Veterans' Day thing, I'm sure I'll be going to bed early again tonight!

It's only 48 degrees outside right now, and only 68 in the house. I'm wearing my flannel night shirt, fuzzy robe, and warm slippers.  Brrr!  On the other hand, it's going to go up to a high of 79, the warmest it's been in several days.  Can't wait!  I bet it won't be out of the low sixties during the ceremonies at Freedom Park this morning.  I'm planning on bundling up pretty good.

No comments:

Post a Comment