Thursday, November 1, 2012

Dress Rehearsals

Our first dress rehearsal for It's a Wonderful Life went well yesterday.  We had a photographer there, so she was somewhat distracting.  Our costumes were tweaked, so I'm wearing a necklace and a different white blouse today.  I'm hoping the director likes it.  Mark got a different tie.  The group as a whole wasn't as good yesterday as they were for the last few rehearsals. Maybe it was the costumes or the distracting photographer.  I don't really know. If I get access to any of those photos, I'll try to post some here.

Today we have the second of three dress rehearsals, but this one will have a small audience.  Anyone who couldn't get a ticket (which is a lot because the four shows sold out almost immediately) is invited to one of the last two dress rehearsals.  Today we do it at 9:45 and tomorrow at 12:15.  Much of the cast is really complaining about the schedule for tomorrow.  We are basically doing two shows.  There's the dress rehearsal with audience at 12:15 and the first show at 7 p.m.  That's pretty unusual.

As predicted, we had no trick-or-treaters last night. LOL!  I would have been extremely STUNNED if the doorbell had rung!  If you live in a neighborhood with kids, I hope you had a good time looking at the kids. In our old neighborhood in Maryland, there were always a lot of cute kids coming around.




2 comments:

  1. Very few trick-or-treaters by us, too. Now what am I going to do with all these extra razor blades?

    By the way: Has anybody arranged to record the show?

    -- Glenn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Glen,
    I don't know if anyone is videotaping. I'll let you know if I find out. Hope you are all ok after Sandy paid a call.

    ReplyDelete