Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Too busy for Tuesday?

I got online this morning and realized that I never wrote a blog yesterday.  Geez.  I hadn't realized I was too busy to write a Tuesday blog! 

So what did I do?  Mostly drive around.  I spent the morning balancing my checkbook and writing some bills and running three loads of laundry, always a lot of fun.  Around noon we headed up north to Altamonte Springs and a Publix up there that we hoped would have a kosher turkey.  It's about an hour and a half each way.  We were successful! I now have my Thanksgiving turkey in the freezer.  We also went to the Super Target by Millenia Mall that has a nice section of kosher meat. They never have whole turkeys, but we did get some beef and some deli turkey.  We got home at 5 p.m.  Then it was almost time to head out to my Guys and Dolls rehearsal.  Boom!  That's Tuesday.

I had to sing my solo/duet for "When You Believe" last night. I was worried because I have a cold that is hanging in there.  I could tell my voice was heading bye-bye.  I managed to get through the solo, and although I thought my voice was "iffy", everyone said I sounded fine.  This morning I have even less voice.  At least I don't have to sing again for two weeks because I'm not going to the rehearsals next week. 

Today we are going to a Wellness Lecture in the Village.  Every month a doctor is sent out from Osceola Hospital to talk about different topics.  Today's topic: "Is Diabetes a Heart Disease?"  Should be very interesting to Mark!  Then we are meeting our friends Barb and Al at the Animal Kingdom Lodge for some animal spotting on the savannah and dinner at Boma's.  It's a dinner for Barb's belated birthday present from us.  Her birthday is about two weeks after mine in August and she is the same age as me.  Plus she went to Mark's high school. I think it's awesome that we have found each other after all these years.  AND they are the most magnificent Mickey fans in the whole wide world!  They put us to shame!!

OK, yes, it's Weigh-in Wednesday, too.  I am 262.3.  That's a gain of one pound.  My doctor will NOT be happy with me when she sees me on Friday because I will be up about five pounds or more since I saw her four months ago. I was supposed to go DOWN four or five pounds. LOL

I have looked back over my weight reports for the entire year of 2012 and noticed that I ranged from a low of 243 to a high of 267.  I bounced up and down more than once during that time.  It's probably a very bad thing to yo-yo one's weight up and down a 24 pound range multiple times during one year.  I'm tired of writing about it. I'm tired of thinking about it. I'm tired of counting calories.  I'm just tired of talking, thinking, and obsessing about weight.  It's been my whole life. 


No comments:

Post a Comment