Friday, July 10, 2015

Resturants are not my friend.

The play we saw last night, Dinner with Friends, was great.  The theater was the smallest one I have ever been in, and we were in the front row. That meant the actors were literally just inches away from us some times.  We could see the tears rolling down their cheeks.  All four of the actors were outstanding.  We were glad that Susie and Ed asked us to go. 

Dinner at the Harp and Celt Irish Pub was also good.  I was a little disappointed in both myself and what I ordered.  I read the menu in advance, but then I didn't stick to my plan.  Instead of the summer salad with grilled salmon on it, I got the CELT, a grilled cheese sandwich with hardboiled egg, lettuce, and tomato with fries.  It was tasty, but not low calorie.  Oddly, it was cold, so I was disappointed.  I thought the words grilled cheese would mean a hot sandwich.  The bread was toasted, but the cheese wasn't melted and the other ingredients were cold.   It was odd, tasty, but odd, and it wasn't what I wanted. The fries were great, though.  I also had a whiskey on the rocks.  Then it got worse.  They only serve one dessert, their special bread pudding.  It was delicious.  Then at the show, I had their special signature cocktail at intermission.  So I went to dinner with over 1,000 calories to spend on dinner, but I'm sure I consumed twice that.  At least there was some walking involved from the parking garage, to the restaurant, to the theater, and back to the parking garage. 

Despite what I ate, I am only up a few tenths of a pound this morning.  I'm grateful for that.  The exercise must have helped.  I did do the water aerobics and swimming plus the walking.  I was expecting to be up two or three pounds! 

Today we are spending the day at the Cove, like we do every Friday.  We will get over there in the morning and do the 40 minute water aerobic routine and 15 minutes of laps.  In the afternoon we will work in the library.  Lunch will be at Cheeks.  I could choose the grilled chicken on a mixed green salad or I could choose the kosher hot dog and fries.  Such a tough decision!  LOL!  Mark is making a new Italian Chicken Breasts in the crock pot for dinner.  Should be amazing.

Tomorrow Lowell and Emily arrive at the airport at 11:40.  We will eat breakfast and lunch at home, but our dinner will be in a restaurant.  I really have not mastered the restaurant!  Oh well...I am just not going to worry about it.  I'm going to relax, enjoy the new restaurant, and especially enjoy the company of Lowell and Emily!

No comments:

Post a Comment