Thursday, July 9, 2015

Wonderful opera!

I cannot rave enough about fantastic that Met production of La Traviata was.  It was from 2012 and starred Natalie Dessay in the lead role of Violetta.  The sets, contemporary costuming, and extremely athletic choreography coupled with outstanding acting, not to mention superb singing made it an enjoyable evening.  Mark didn't even shut his eyes even once because it was just THAT compelling.  Now I can't wait to go see Daughter of the Regiment next week because it is from 2008 and stars the same leading lady.  She is amazing.

This morning we went to the pool.  I did 40 minutes of water aerobics followed by 15 minutes of swimming laps.  Mark left to shop, but I enjoyed the Cove's ambiance and at my packed lunch under an umbrella. 

I was down almost another full pound this morning to 268 even.  I kept my calories in check and walked in the track.  I was even able to have snacks at the movie theater.  I got a small frozen yogurt and a bag of M&Ms.  I ate half the bag yesterday and the other half this afternoon for a snack.  I logged them in, so my calories were still okay for the day.

The reason I didn't write this blog in the morning was because our internet was out all day.  We don't know why it went down, but it came back just as mysteriously about 3:30 this afternoon. 

At 4:30 Susie and Ed will pick us up.  We are heading up to downtown Orlando for dinner in an Irish pub and then the drama Dinner with Friends at the Mad Cow Theater.  Even though I ate the candy this afternoon, I still have a thousand calories to use in the restaurant.  My plan is to have grilled salmon on a tossed salad and maybe an Irish whiskey on the rocks.  I think that should stay under 1,000. So much fun in Solivita!

And Lowell and Emily come on Saturday!  Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment