Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Typhoon Lagoon

Yesterday I did not feel at all well.  I felt like I did the weekend of June 6 during the Spergel wedding at Disney.  I had crampy, achy tummy, some diarrhea, no energy.  Crazy.  Fortunately, this morning I feel better.  Our plan is to spend a lot of the day at Typhoon Lagoon, one of Disney's two water parks.  We haven't been there in decades!  In the evening I have two friends coming over to play Mah Jong.  Susie is learning and came Monday afternoon.  Tonight Carol will come so we can play with three as Susie continues to learn.  I'm looking forward to that.

Even though I felt badly, I was busy all day getting votes out for the contest that Lowell and Emily entered at their wedding venue.  The prize is a limo ride and dinner out at Ruth's Christ Steakhouse.  They had been ahead for months, and then suddenly a couple who just got married two weeks ago was ahead by 28 votes.  I couldn't let that happen!  LOL!!  I called on every favor possibly owed me.  I made multiple pleas all day on Facebook and even sent a massive email out to most everybody in my Contacts list.  Lowell and Emily were doing the same on their end.  And it worked.

THEY WON!!

At midnight, when the contest closed, the final tally between the two front runners was 234-190!

WOW!  If you are reading this email and you voted, THANK YOU.  Lowell and Emily are super excited about this, and it's a wonderful First Anniversary present.  Their anniversary is July 12.

If you read this blog regularly, you know I wasn't able to get the Sea World pictures to post on yesterday's blog.  Today the blog cooperated, so the pictures are up.  Just go back to yesterday's post if you want to see them.

Because I was sick yesterday, I ate very little.  I stayed in my jammies all day and did not exercise, but my calories were about 1300 for the day.  I also had diarrhea all day.  My lovely, crazy body decided to GAIN a pound for that!  Crazy.  Insane.  Does that make any sense at all?

Well, today I feel better, so we'll go play at Typhoon Lagoon.  We will eat lunch at the park but the other two meals at home.  Also we will be active, walking and playing in the wave pool and lazy river.  Hopefully, it will be a great day, and my weight will stay the same or drop a little.  Maybe I had a lot of sodium in that packaged chicken noodle soup I ate for lunch yesterday, but it was delicious and soothing.  Worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment