Sunday, July 12, 2015

Time with children

There is nothing like some time with your children once you no longer live in the same state!

Our day went off exactly as described in yesterday's blog, so I won't repeat all of that.  It was great.  I obviously ate too much at dinner because the weight is up again today.  I talked about the ridiculous 8 pounds put on Friday and 4 gone by yesterday morning.  Well, THREE of them returned this morning.  Yay.  Unless something drastic happens today, I'll be reporting a large gain for this week.  At least all my meals will be at home today, so that might help.

Meanwhile, here are pictures from yesterday with the kids. The Animal Kingdom Lodge-Kidani Village was beautiful.  It really exceeded our expectations. I know Lowell and Emily are really enjoying all the animals around them.  Today they are going to hit ALL FOUR WDW parks in ONE DAY!  That is a huge and difficult accomplishment, but I'm sure it's also going to be a blast.  Years ago, while I was at a music conference, Mark and Evey did that.  I may be the only one in the family who hasn't done it, but I also am not sure I have the stamina anymore for that!

Got them at the airport, all safe and sound and right on time.


Enjoying a rocking chair on the porch overlooking the savannah at Animal Kingdom Lodge.

The Lobby

There are lots of free activities to do in this resort.  We just happened to be in the lobby when the Drum Circle started!

Llewelly and Garth, both from South Africa, taught us some special rhythms to play on the drums.

Checking out Lowell and Emilty's room.  Loved the carved wood furniture.


Happy First Anniversary!

So many animals!

Entrance to Sanaa, our dinner restaurant.

Studying the menu.  We all enjoyed the spicy, delicious choices.

Checking out the fire pit after dinner.

Enjoying the beautiful Florida evening after dinner and enjoying the savannah.  Well, right up until the thunder and lightening started!

View of part of the lodge from the outside viewing area by the fire pit.  This is truly a gorgeous resort.

No comments:

Post a Comment