Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Another great day coming up.

Yesterday was HOT and HUMID, but we still had an awesome day.  It started off rocky because getting to the Magic Kingdom involved extra challenges of lots of traffic, slow to get in to the parking lot, and no tram to take us up.  We missed the 10:30 show we were aiming for since it took one hour and FIFTY minutes to get into the park.  Ridiculous.  But we had no problem staying for the second show of the day. It was a fun show.  We also wandered through some stores and stopped to say hi to our cast member friend Edward on Main Street.

Next was Epcot.  We had Vegan Korma with Gardein chicken and Jasmine Rice at the Sunshine Seasons food court in The Land.  That stuff was delicious.  We rode the new Soarin' Around the World, and I do not have enough good words to describe it.  Spectacular.  We want to go again!  We also did the new Turtle Talk with Crush which was fun.  some old favorites like Journey into Imagination, Listen to the Land, Three Caballeros in Mexico, Finding Nemo, looking at the manatees, and Universe of Energy.  That last one is being taken out and turned into a Guardian of the Galaxies attraction, so this might have been or last time on that one.  We also went up to the new DVC Member Lounge in Journey into Imagination.  It's a beautiful space with great views from the top of the building plus free sodas, chairs, AC, a great place to chill out and relax on a hot day.

I walked six miles and consumed approximately 1500 calories.  I say approximately because it's hard to guess calories for something like the Vegan Korma at lunch.  I probably overestimated and called it 600 calories.  My weight is the same today as yesterday, so I guess that's a good thing.

Today we are taking my car in for an oil change and look-over to get it ready for the big trip.  Then we are going to Olivia's at Old Key West with Barb and Ed for lunch. There is only one thing on the menu that I could eat and that is the salmon salad with no dressing or bacon.  I don't think that will be more than 350-400 calories as a best guess.

The calories start to add up at dinner because it's the All Star Game tonight.  We are having fat free Hebrew National hot dogs, deli flats, Amy's Organic Spicy veggie chili, and Mark's homemade cole slaw which is fat free and low calorie.  The snack food is a new flavor of potato chip, so there will be lots of sodium.  If I could the chips and estimate the lunch closely, I should come in around 1500 calories again today, but there will be no exercise and lots of sodium.  I will not be surprised if my weight is up tomorrow.  But then there will be time to bring it back down before we leave on Tuesday.

Sorry there are no pictures of yesterday.  I didn't take my camera, only my cell phone.  I still haven't figured out how to get the pictures off the cell phone and on to the laptop.  It used to be easy, but not anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment