Saturday, July 16, 2016

The trip is getting close.

Yesterday I had a wonderful day.  I did everything I said I would in yesterday's blog.  I ate 1474 calories, but I also swam 15 minutes of laps and did 20 minutes of water aerobics, burning off 284 calories.  That means my net calories for the day were only 1191.

Well, whatever you want to call it, I cracked that number this morning, weighing in at 269.5.  It's been a long time since I was under 270, probably two years.  I am very happy this morning.

Today will be another day with all the meals at home and a chance for more water aerobics and swimming.  It would be lovely to see another few tenths gone before I have to eat all the bad food tomorrow at the ballpark.  Actually, when I was on that intense weight loss plan of 2009 and we went to the games at Camden Yards in Baltimore, we always packed our own food in a cooler to eat.  We never bought ballpark food.  Of course, we were also by ourselves.  I don't know how our friends would feel if we did that, nor do I know if it is allowed at Tropicana Field.  Hm...that would be easy to find out.  Maybe I will do that later today.

Yesterday I played Mah Jongg at the Cove, and I won four games.  For anyone reading this who might play Mahj, you know what I mean.  Since I also won three times on Thursday, it was especially weird.

Robin, I know you read this sometimes and play Mahj.  Listen to this.  One of my wins was on the closed hand FF 111 333 555 DDD.  I was working on 1-5 consecutive run in cracks.  I had earlier thrown out two red dragons, but I still had two flowers just because.  I had the pair of 1s, all the 3s, all the 4s. and two 5s, but only one 2.  Then the third 2 was thrown, so I was dead.  I didn't know what I would do, but next hand I pulled the third 1 crack and started throwing out the 4s. It looked like with a lot of luck, I could do that closed hand.  Well luck was with me. Next hand I got a joker to cover one of the dragons, and on my next turn I pulled a flower and stole a joker to finish the 5s.  Lo and behold!  Next turn I get another joker, so now I have 2 jokers for the dragons. Then someone throws a red dragon!  Boom!  I call it for mah jongg.  Crazy!  Lucky I had not put anything up before I went dead.  I know you know what a satisfying feeling it is to do something hard like that!

We are heading to shul in about half an hour.  It will be the fourth Saturday in a row, which might be a record for us down here in Florida, but it's the last time for nine weeks while we are on the trip.  We want to say good bye to everybody, and hey, some prayers for safe travels wouldn't be bad either.


No comments:

Post a Comment