Monday, July 4, 2016

Lost it. YAY. and HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY!!

That pesky six-tenths of a pound that I put on are now gone plus a few more tenths.  Yesterday was a hot, sweltering, humid day.  I drank three of my giant SeaWorld water bottles full of water plus some iced tea at Subway.  I had my 200 calorie breakfast and my 340 calorie lunch, but then we did not eat pizza.  Instead we discovered that the Spice Mill restaurant at SeaWorld had vegetarian chili!  Delicious.  It was hard to know exactly how many calories it had, but judging from several different chilis online, I guessed it was about 300 to 350.  I also had a side salad with croutons and a banana when I got home.  We walked nearly 4 miles, so I was pretty sure I would be down this morning.  And I was!

The Lee Greenwood concert was amazing.  He sang, outdoors in the heat, for a full NINETY minutes!  It's so great that for the price of your one day ticket, or in our case our annual pass, you get a concert like that included.  We also went to the pet show, which is always adorable, and then the night time show of Shamu.  Four orcas were in the show plus some fireworks at the end.  Since the orcas are being retired from performing pretty soon, this could have been our last time to see them.  SeaWorld has knuckled under to the pressure and is retiring them.  Since they have not been capturing orcas in the wild for over 30 years and will now no longer be breeding them in captivity either, once these orcas die, there will be no more orcas for anyone to see in a park.  I think that's kind of sad actually.

We got home about 11 p.m., very, very tired!

Today we are heading to the Cove for a morning dress rehearsal. Then we'll come home to shower and change and eat lunch before heading back for the 4 p.m. big Fourth of July Sing-a-Long that I'm leading with the Cove Singers.  It should be a LOT of fun!  After that, 23 or so of us are having dinner together at 5:30 at Lakeside.  We will then go home and try to decide if we are going to the live fireworks at Solivita, watching the Disney fireworks on live streaming video, watching one of the big TV shows of fireworks from NY or DC or Boston, or watching one of our all-time favorite musicals, 1776.

No matter what you are doing today, I hope you wear some red, white, and blue, and say Happy Birthday to our country.

No comments:

Post a Comment