Friday, July 8, 2016

down again at last

I tried really hard at the buffet lunch yesterday, but even so, the total calories for the buffet (best guesstimate) was 600.  The day came in at 1550, just a few under my daily allotment. And I'm down today to 272.  That's the lowest in a LONG time.  I was 273 last summer when we flew off to Hawaii.  This was my first goal to reach on this current trip down the weight loss journey.

Check that goal off.

The next goal is 265, which is what I weighed the summer of 2014 when we returned from Maryland.  I was 255 July 12, 2015 at Lowell and Emily's wedding.  I was horrified at that because it was 10 more than at Evey and Eric's wedding in 2011 and represented a gain of 22 pounds from December of 2013 to July of 2014.  Then I just kept going up and up, out of control.

Currently, I am feeling in control.  That feeling comes and goes, so it's good to act on it while it's here. LOL!

This morning, I had my usual breakfast of 200 calories and packed a lunch that has worked for me before, a cheese sandwich and some fresh cherries for a total of 320.  Tonight's dinner is the same as last Friday.  I can have a whiskey for Friday Happy Hour, a tradition Mark and I have had for years and I really enjoy.  On my current diet plan, Friday is the only day I'm having alcohol.  Today should be another good day.  Tomorrow, too.

Sunday we will eat lunch out after the movie at Disney Springs and then an afternoon at Epcot, which always includes a lot of walking.  Monday will be lunch out at Epcot two days in a row; Tuesday will be lunch out at Olivia's at Old Key West with friends Barbara and Ed; and next Thursday will be lunch out at the Grille with my Mahj group. I should be able to make reasonable choices at all those lunches out, then from today through next Saturday, the 16th, all my breakfasts and dinners will be at home. That helps A LOT.   We will have lunch at the ballpark in Tampa a week from Sunday, and we may also have dinner out that night.  We are going to Trop Field with friends Bob and Jane.  Jane drives, so we often end up stopping for dinner with them that night, too.  Then there's only Monday, July 18 left, all meals at home while we pack, before we head out on our nine week road trip.  WOW!

I'd love to have another couple of pounds gone before we take off on the road trip.  To be a little under 270 the morning that we leave would make me feel great.  The plan is to lose weight on the trip, too.  Theoretically, in nine weeks, 18 pounds lost would not be out of line, but there will be some meals less controlled than others, especially at the convention in Reno.  I would be satisfied if we returned in nine weeks with 10 pounds gone.  Wouldn't that be something!!!!

It's HOT here in Florida....DUH....it's summer.  Even so, they keep posting alerts on the heat.  It's running about 97 with the usual high humidity making it feel like 105.  Hey, that's a cool day in Phoenix, right?

We are going to the Cove today.  We will have picnic lunches, and then Mark will work in the library while I read, relax, and possibly play Mah Jongg.  It's going to be a hot one, though.

Stay safe wherever you may be if the weather is as hot as here.  Drink lots of fluids and stay in the shade or AC.  That's my advice!

No comments:

Post a Comment