Monday, July 11, 2016

New Soarin' and new Turtle Talk with Crush today at Epcot.

First, it's Weigh-in Monday...definitely doesn't have the alliterative ring of Wednesday.

Last Monday I was 274.  Today I am 270.3. Yay!  A loss of 3.7 pounds for the week.  I am very pleased because I had that little bump up last Tuesday where I was 276.3.

This morning I dug out some of my old diet journals.  There are YEARS worth of those, some showing I was more successful than others.  I was looking for the one from 2009 when I was dropping a LOT of weight for the hernia surgery.  I knew we had gone on a long road trip and that I lost weight on the trip.  What I didn't remember was exactly how long the trip was and how much I lost.  Well, after some rummaging in drawers, I found it.  It was a five week road trip, and I lost 13 pounds.

This summer we are going on a nine week road trip, so I am setting a goal of 15 pounds for the trip.  I might even do better than that, but the week long convention in Reno will be difficult since there won't be a place to eat that's healthy for a week.  Also the wedding in Maryland just two days before coming home and weighing in could affect it.  So I will report my weight next Monday and then we leave the following day.  I am going to take my scale and weigh in once a week, on Mondays if possible.  It would be great to use this as an opportunity to lose weight!

Today we have Fast Passes for Epcot for the new Soarin' over the World and the new Turtle Talk with Crush that is including Finding Dory characters.  We are starting the day at the Magic Kingdom to watch the new Friendship Faire, a Mickey and friends character show in front of the castle.  The first one of the day is at 10:30.  If we can make it back to Epcot in time, we also have a Fast Pass for the Finding Nemo ride.  If we don't make it, that's not a problem.  We've done that one a lot.

We didn't love BFG yesterday.  The animation was good and so was the acting, especially the little girl, but the whole thing was plodding and S-L-O-W.  Mark and I each had moments when we slept.  On the other hand, The Secret Life of Pets was very cute and very funny.  We were laughing out loud.

One more week before our trip.  I will be eating lunch out today and tomorrow and Thursday.  That's it.  All the rest of the meals will be at home, so I expect a little weight loss before we head out next Tuesday for Tallahassee, the first overnight stop of many.  It would be lovely to crack that 270 mark and start out around 268ish.  15 down from that would put me in the loss 250s by September 21, and I would be thrilled!

Have a great day wherever you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment