Saturday, July 2, 2016

Easy-going day yesterday. Shabbat today.

We took a 20 minute, one mile walk, in the indoor track before heading to the Cove for the rest of the day.  We ate a picnic lunch and then Mark went to the library.  I read the Lewis and Clark book, splashed in the pool while talking to friends, and finally spent about 45 minutes in the library talking to Edward.  Afterwards, we went home, listened to almost two hours of the audio version of Michener's Texas before a delicious Shabbat dinner that Mark prepared followed by binge watching the  final four episodes of Grey's Anatomy for this season.  I ate about 1550 calories and weighed 274.3 this morning.  Things are going well when I'm at home right now.

Today we will also eat all our meals at home.  We are heading out to shul in just a few minutes.  When we get home, there will be two movies to watch, an old Disney movie for our weekly Saturday night Disney movie.  We are in 1988, but I don't remember the name of the film.  According to Mark, it's so obscure he had to buy an old DVD copy.  It was a flop at the box office.  Gee, I'm really looking forward to this one.  LOL!  We are also going to watch The Wolf of Wall Street with Leonardo DiCaprio, which should be MUCH better.

Tomorrow we are going to a movie and Sea World, so lunch and dinner will be out.  Monday I'm directing a sing-a-long of patriotic songs at the Cove at 4 p.m. and then 23 of us are eating dinner together at Lakeside.  After that, we will have two days at home again for all of our meals.  I hope that all the walking and sweating will help the extra calories tomorrow.  Also on my feet for about 90 minutes conducting a dress rehearsal in the morning and a show at 4 p.m. will burn up enough extra calories to counteract the dinner out.  I'd love to lose about five more pounds in the next two weeks before starting our big nine week road trip.  My goal for that trip is to lose 15 pounds. It worked like that for me back in 2009 on our 7 week trip.  I'm hoping I can make it work again.

Happy Fourth of July Weekend to everybody.  Evey is working all three days, but she will get home around 2 in the afternoon, so then maybe she and Eric can at least go out somewhere for a little while.

No comments:

Post a Comment