Sunday, September 2, 2018

269. Heading in the right direction.

We tried to go to shul yesterday.  We were on the road over an hour, but we didn't get there because the traffic was insane.  We realized we weren't going to arrive until 20 minutes before it ended, so we turned around.  Labor Day Weekend traffic?  I don't remember it ever being that bad, so maybe it was an accident.  We don't know, but we left at 9:55 and got home at 11:15 having gone no where but out less than half way to the shul and then back home.  Crazy.

So instead, we had a lovely relaxing day at home all day.  I ate 1200 calories and dropped another pound.  That's a good day in my book.  We watched two Disney animated films, "Big Hero 6," and "Toy Story."  I actually slept through all of "Big Hero 6" when we went to the theater, and "Toy Story" was familiar but also there were lots of scenes we didn't remember.  It was a fun evening.

There were a few moments yesterday when I wanted to cheat on my diet.  I was really having some cravings and thought hard about eating more bread or breaking into the last Tortuga rum cake that I saw in the pantry, but I didn't do it.  I was able to tell myself no and mean it.  For me to brush off the Bad Idea Bear is a huge accomplishment.  lol

Today we plan to go to SeaWorld for the special evening entertainment.  This is actually the very last day that they are running this night time show, but we were never able to schedule a day to go until now.  Unfortunately, there's a 90% chance of rain all afternoon, although it's supposed to be over by 8 p.m.  We are going to check on what time the show is.  Maybe we can still go out there close to that time and miss most of the rain.  Or maybe the forecast will be wrong.  That happens.  It's summer in Florida.  Anything can happen.


No comments:

Post a Comment