Thursday, September 6, 2018

So busy but having fun.

I had no time to write a blog yesterday because we were so busy.

We had a fabulous time at the James Museum of Western and Wildlife Art in St. Petersburg.  Mark was in heaven.  His plan is buy a membership to support it.  We actually had Subway salads for lunch on the way and stayed to eat dinner in the museum cafe.  They had a quinoa bowl with charred veggies and arugula.  It was far better than we expected it to be.  We also ordered tortilla chips and dips (salsa and guacamole).  I ate a lot of chips with salsa, but not guacamole.  I don't like it.  Yuck.
I was concerned that I would put on some water weight due to all that sodium. I did not, but I just stayed the same.

Yest,erday we left at 6:30 a.m. to head to Toy Story Land for one hour with limited attendance. It was a new thing called Passholder Playtime.  Amazing.  We told Slinky Dog Dash twice, and I loved it.  It might be my new favorite ride!  We rode the Space Aliens and Toy Story Mania as well.  At exactly 9 a.m. a ton of people showed up, and by 9:05 a.m. the line for Slinky Dog was an hour long. We literally just walked on!  It was worth it to get up early.

We went to Epcot, got our Passholder Magnet, and were logged in for our first of four visits towards getting a Mickey cutting board.  It's tiny!  I joked that you could only cut one cherry tomato at a time on it.  lol

After that we went to Winn Dixie, Trader Joe's, Walmart, home for a late lunch, the gym, ate an early dinner, and ran off to SOJC for choir rehearsal, which got me home at 10:30.  EXHAUSTED.

But it didn't stop there.  Between 2 and 4 p.m. I had sat at the computer booking flights for our Asian trip.  I got frustrated trying to do the SF to Hong Kong and HK to Shanghai parts, but I was able to use my American Airline miles to book the Orlando to San Jose part and the Tokyo back home to Orlando part.  At 10:30 I got on the phone with Evey and with her help and expertise, we found appropriate flights (much better ones than I was finding on my own, Thank you, Evey) and got them booked, too.  I shot those email confirmations and itineraries to our travel agent and to the Visa Central people in Houston who will be adding that to our application process for the China Visa.

Now we just have to book the hotels!

Wow,  As Evey said last night, "I guess we're really doing this!"  Yes, we really are.

Weight-wise, I have had a good week. I"m 265.8 this morning, so that was very exciting.  We are eating lunch at Beef O'Brady's for the NARFE monthly meeting in Plant City and then dinner at two of the Epcot Food and Wine kiosks.  I'm sure there will be a ton of sodium in those meals, but I'm hoping the calories won't be too far over my allotment and that all the walking and sweating will work those calories off.  We shall see tomorrow at the official Weigh-in.  As of now, I'm showing a five pound drop for the week, so I really hope that is still true tomorrow morning!

I had planned to post some pictures of the museum and Toy Story Land, but the computer is not uploading the pictures from my phone for some reason.  It's been trying for half an hour, and I just cancelled that.  I'm trying a second time, but it's time to go very soon, so I don't know if there will be time to get that upload finished. I'm sure it will work eventually, and I'll put up pictures in a future blog.  If you are a Facebook friend, you've already seen them anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment