Thursday, September 27, 2018

So busy. So much done.

Mark and I were busy, busy, busy yesterday.  We got up and just got going on little things that had to be done.  I worked on emails for the Cove Singers and several emails for the SOJC choir.  I also had to make copies of music for both choirs, order some music and accompaniment cds online, send some files out by email to people in the SOJC choir, and prepare for a meeting today with the accompanist of the Cove Singers.  GEEZ.  Sounds like I'm still working as a choir director!  lol

Mark was doing NARFE work and doing things about our personal finances.  We even went up to the Palms to fax a form to sell 18 shares of Disney stock to pay for the Shanghai Disney resort and our Chinese Visas.  We also got confirmation yesterday that our Hong Kong Disney resort has been officially booked and confirmed through DVC.  We are slowly ticking off all the boxes on the big Asian trip for next March.

Around 3:30, we finally headed out to do the other big chores.  We went to the Comic book store, stocked up on the usuals at BJs, got gas (great deal through BJs), and picked up a few items at Publix.  We were going to get new luggage at Walmart, but the traffic was just ridiculous the whole way down from the Loop, nearly an hour and 45 minutes to go what's normally a 40 minute drive.  It was 7:30 when we got home, so we had to make dinner and eat it in the dark in the succah.  Thank goodness for bug spray!

Today I will play Mahjong in the morning and then meet with the Cove Singers accompanist in the afternoon.  Tonight Solivita is showing the movie Oceans 8, so we hope to go up there for that later.

Meanwhile I'm sticking to my eating plan.  This morning I was 260.8, and I think I will make my goal of 260 tomorrow morning for the MRI in the afternoon.

Also this morning I'm starting the 50 mg Topomax morning pill.  I seem to be tolerating it pretty well. I had that one episode last Friday when my right hand felt like I was holding a cactus, but it only lasted a few seconds.  Earlier this week my left hand felt like an electric current was running through it, very tingly, but again it only lasted a few seconds.  I did feel queasy for an hour or so in the morning the first week that I started these pills, but that seems to be over.  I think I might feel a little sleepier than usual sometimes, but it's easy to just work through and ignore.  Overall, none of these side effects are that bad.  This morning when I take the 50 mg in addition to the evening 50 mg, I will be at the dose that I will continue until I go back to the neurologist on November 9.  This is a very low dose in general, but I have also not had a single minute of smelling smoke or an ocular migraine either.  In that case I would have to say the pill is working.  Maybe it's helping me lose weight, too.  I can't say because I'm doing all I usually do to lose weight, watching the calories and logging it all in.  I still feel hungry in between meals when I go longer than three hours between meals.  I might talk to the neurologist about upping the dose for weight loss if she would allow it and if I tolerate this new dose as well as I have been. My friend Barbara is on more than twice my dose just for weight loss and is very happy with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment