Sunday, September 30, 2018

Last dinner in the succah last night.

Our dinner in the succah was wonderful last night and so was the show.  It was really nice to have some company over  We had bought a new table, finally, and it is a little bigger and far more stable than our decades old one.  It was easy to put six people around it and have room for all the food.  The sun was low enough not to be blasting us with too much heat and a breeze was blowing.  Delightful.

Lunch today is the last meal in the succah for this year.  It was a lovely season.

Today we are heading over to Walmart to buy some new, smaller luggage for the Canadian trip to practice packing lighter and smarter for the Asian trip.  I'm also buying two new shower heads.  The one in the guest room has never been great.  It's the one that came with the house.  We used to have it in the master bath, too, so I remember it wasn't great.  I replaced it when we remodeled our shower and put a hand held in. I did not choose a good hand held, so I'm replacing both of them.  While we are gone, our cleaning guy is going to install them for us.  I hope I pick good ones this time. It's so hard to know when you can't try them out.  I'm going to read up on them and read reviews this time.  I'd still like to get hand helds, but I want them to have strong water pressure with good coverage and have the same coverage and pressure when used as a hand held, too, without having to be difficult to make it be a hand held.  And also not cost a fortune.  Is that too much to ask?  I'll find out soon.

I was also right about my weight.  This morning I"m 260 again.  When you lose five pounds in one week, the body stabilizes a little. I had a day of about 1400 calories yesterday. I planned the dinner and ate right, no seconds, measured the portions, and did not cheat.  I'm hanging in there.  I'm kind of hoping for a pound off by Wednesday morning when I get on the train.  There are things I can do at the dinner (no roll and butter, the sugar free jello for dessert without whipped cream) to make that day work) and at breakfast (take hardboiled eggs and just eat a little of their cereal with it) to make Thursday work), so things don't have to get too hard until I get on the ship on Sunday.  With a lot of walking and being careful on the ship, I hope to stay the same for two weeks.  I'd be very happy with that.

1 comment: