Tuesday, September 4, 2018

Upcoming fun for Mark in St. Petersburg.

Tomorrow's blog should feature a lot of pictures from today's visit to the James Museum of Western and Wildlife Art in St. Petersburg.  It is a relatively new museum, opening just this past April.  Mark is very excited to go!  We are making it a Tourist Tuesday (and it's actually on a Tuesday!) by going with good friends Susie and Ed Goldberg.

I won a LOT of Mahj games yesterday, 4 in the morning and 2 in the afternoon.  It was a good day for me.  But everyone won at least once, so that made it a good day for everyone.

I ate only 1200 calories yesterday and dropped another half pound, down to 266.5 this morning. I also went to the gym and lifted weights for the first time since last November.  I stopped going when my back went out last October and my shoulder was bad.  I went only one day last November, but the shoulder hurt too much and I didn't go back.  Recently, I read an article about muscle loss in seniors.  It encouraged weight training to maintain what muscle we have because aging alone is going to deplete it.  It got me thinking that I'd better get back to the weight machines.  I didn't do every machine or many reps or much weight, but ti's a start.  And nothing hurt. My back and shoulder all took it very well.  My plan is to do it three days a week when Mark goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment