Friday, September 28, 2018

GOAL

I made my little goal of 260 for the brain MRI today.

It also means I lost five pounds this week, which is an amazing week.  It just goes to show that eating at home and never cheating works.

From my year of dieting in 2009, I noticed that a great week like this was often followed by a week of no loss at all.  If that week was followed up by a day that might include a meal in a restaurant, as this upcoming week will, then a week with a small gain could follow.  That's how an average weight loss of two pounds per week happens.  That works well in a year like 2009 when a week with a great loss is followed by a week with a meal out and no loss followed by another week with all meals at home and a nice loss and the cycle continues all year. That's how I lost 122 pounds in a little over one year.  Unfortunately, that is not the case right now.

This upcoming week will include a lunch, a dinner, and a breakfast on the auto train.  Lunch can be Subway, which isn't bad.  Dinner on the train isn't horrible, but it's higher than at home.  Breakfast on the train is nothing but carbs. They give you orange juice, bagels and cream cheese, cereal and milk, a heavy syrup fruit cup, and muffins.  Because of that, Mark takes his own nuts and cheese.  Last time we did this, I took my own hard boiled eggs and ate some of their cereal. I think Mark also ate some cereal.  If I'm smart this time I'll do the same.  Lunch and dinner on Thursday are then off the train, and at our control.

Today I have a mani/pedi in the morning, a bit over two hours of work in the library, and then up to Kissimmee for the brain MRI.  Then back home by 6 with Shabbat dinner in the Succah.  It should be an interesting day.


No comments:

Post a Comment