Monday, September 17, 2018

Up two in two days.

Yup.  Two days of eating a meal out and I've gained two pounds.  That's how easy it is.  This morning I'm 267.4 and I'm about to go out and eat two meals out today.  The good news is that they are at WDW, so at least there will be at a lot of walking involved.  That might help.

We had a lovely time at shul on Saturday with the birthday party for one of my choir members. The choir sang very well, too.  Sunday we saw Gypsy at the Garden Theater in Winter Garden.  It was one of the best shows we've seen there.  Then we went to Hemingway's for dinner, which was also amazing.  I kind of did myself in yesterday because we got a bonus coupon at the theater for booking early.  It entitled us to 7 free snacks at the snack bar over the course of the season, so I got a pack of M and Ms and ate them during the show, 420 calories for the pack. UGH.  That surely helped add that extra pound yesterday.

I'm on my fourth day of the 25 mg of Topomax.  Each morning around 9:30 it has made me feel a little queasy to my stomach.  That seems to last about 90 minutes and then I don't notice it any more.  I'm a little concerned about how that's going to increase on Thursday when I double the dose and then next Thursday when it doubles again.  I'm not going to continue this drug if the side effects get bad because smelling the cigarette smoke every few days and getting an occasional ocular migraine is going to be better than feeling sick to my stomach every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment