Monday, September 3, 2018

No SeaWorld.

The forecast put us off yesterday after all.  We kept watching the TV local weather, and it just looked like there was a high probability that we'd be walking around SeaWorld feeling wet and soggy all day.  There was also a high probability that the night time fireworks/water pageant show that we especially wanted to see would be cancelled.  So around 1:30 in the afternoon we decided to stay home.  At around 9 p.m., Mark checked the weather app, which showed the Orlando area under heavy thunderstorms and rain.  We feel we made the right decision.

We were both a little disappointed that we didn't get to go, but as Mark said, "I would be disgusted if we went and it got rained out."  We watched the whole show on YouTube instead!

It was definitely the right decision for my food choices. I ate all my meals at home, and I'm down TWO more pounds this morning to 267.  I was actually very surprised at that.  It's nice, but it only puts me back to where I was on July 26 before we went to California.  So now I can try to lose some NEW weight.  lol.  Well nothing is really new until I get under 200, which I'm not even trying to do, but I'd love to get under 250.  Somehow that sounds better to me.

My lowest weight, back in early 2010, was 205.  My breast cancer surgery was at  220.  My move to Florida was at 250.  I've been as low as 233 here in Florida, but I didn't stay there long.  It was in early November of 2013, the last year that I did Starliters, and that involved a lot of dancing and a lot of being out of the house so no time to eat. lol

Today all my meals will be at home again.  I am playing Mah Jong at Susie's house in the morning and at Luanne's house in the afternoon.  At 6 p.m. Mark and I both are going to the SOJC choir rehearsal.  We are leaving a half hour earlier than usual because I'm afraid of the end of the Labor Day weekend traffic since it was SO BAD on Saturday morning.  Mark has to go tonight because we are working on songs for another choir member's birthday Shabbat on September 15.  We are also having an unusual Monday night rehearsal to try to make up one that was cancelled.  At any rate, I'll have no time to overeat today!

Tomorrow I cannot say the same.  We are heading out to the new Western Art Museum in St. Pete with Susie and Ed.  We will be eating lunch in the museum cafe and dinner at a Denny's.  Denny's won't be bad, but it's about 700 calories.  I have no idea what lunch at the cafe will be.  I hope it won't be too bad.




No comments:

Post a Comment