Tuesday, September 18, 2018

Kol NIdre tonight and Yom Kippur tomorrow.

There will be no blog tomorrow because we will be in the synagogue all day.

I am down the weight I put on the last two days and even a smidge more.  This morning I am an even 265, so I'm very happy.  We did eat lunch and dinner out, but I kept it reasonable.  Plus we walked miles and miles in sticky, hot weather. I sweated buckets and drank five giant bottles of water. It was a tough physical day, and my muscles ached all over when we got home at 8 p.m.

Today we will be checking in to the Comfort Inn near our synagogue for the next two nights in order to be close to the shul for the drive to and from the synagogue for the break in Yom Kippur service.  It's just too far to come home, as we found out the first year here in Florida.  We will eat dinner at Olive Garden this year and break the fast at the synagogue.  I hope that does not put any weight back on because I'm really excited for hitting an even 265 this morning.

Mark has been having leg pain in his right calf since last Monday evening.  Sometimes he limps.  Advil helps.  Now the leg looks a little swollen. I'm hoping he will call the doctor and go there today to see if it's anything serious, but I don't know if he will.  He has all day up until about 3 p.m. to have it looked at.  After that, he can't do anything about it until Thursday.  We shall see.

Here are some pictures from yesterday.

Yesterday I rode with my friend Barbara.  She always holds up her arms and encouraged me to do the same!





It was our fourth time at the Food and Wine Festival, so we  got our Mickey cutting boards.

No comments:

Post a Comment