Friday, October 16, 2009

Culling the herd (of clothes, that is)

Last Sunday I decided to thin the herd out. I have clothes ranging from 4x, womens 32, down to XL. Over the years as my weight fluctuated from a high of 322 to a low of 175 (my wedding weight in 1975), I almost never threw anything away...always thinking I might need it again. Of course, that's a self-fulfilling prophecy, so I always did need it again. I have vowed that this time is going to be different! So...on Sunday I started the process. I pulled out everything from every drawer and closet. I had clothes in 11 drawers and four closets! Now there are seven bags which include over 120 items in sizes 3x through 4x, women's 26-32. and some of my husband's and children's things. I am going to donate them to our synagogue rummage sale.
The good news is that in the process I found a lot of things in sizes that I can fit into now in sizes 22-24 and XL-2X. I have filled only two closets and 10 drawers, but they fit in there with less squeezing, so I can easily see what I own. And it all fits me!! A lot of it is going to get me through this winter without spending any money, so that's very good news! I did buy one new top, one pair of pants, and a winter jacket at Wal-Mart, all for only $42. Pretty thrifty if I do say so myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment