Saturday, October 31, 2009

Nervous Nelly

Today was a very good day. Mark and I went to the synagogue in the morning and saw lots of our friends. Then we drove over to Goddard to see their production of Annie again. It was even better today than last Sunday's performance. There was also a much bigger audience. Mark and I got home around 5:30 p.m. We ate our Subway salads for dinner. I had bought them in advance yesterday afternoon, so they were waiting for us already. Then we cleaned the rabbit's cage from top to bottom, which it desperately needed. Now Mark is in the kitchen busily making a vegetarian chili for tomorrow night's dinner (Hungry Girl recipe, 120 calories per cup) and watching a Ghost Hunters show in honor of Halloween. I'm now starting to feel butterflies well up in my stomach. I can't help it. I'm getting nervous about Monday's surgery. I spent several hours last night reading about incisional hernia repair, the differences in recovery between open absominal surgery (my kind) and laparoscopy, the various complications that can occur, etc. I know I shouldn't do that because most of those complications don't occur and most likely won't occur to me on Monday, but they make my mind race and get me nervous. Jeez. I need to relax.

No comments:

Post a Comment