Monday, October 26, 2009

Writing it down

I know that I already said that I write down everything I eat. That is a tried and true technique which I first learned at Weight Watchers back in the '80s when I was marking off the exchanges. Now I write down calories. I don't write down the carbs, fats, proteins, or anything else, just calories. The thing I forgot to say in that earlier post is that I do not write down what I eat AFTER I eat it. I write everything I am going to eat down BEFORE I eat it. In fact, I write down the whole day's plan the night before. For instance, last night I wrote down the following:
Breakfast: the usual 210 (3 Morningstar links=120; Yogurt=90);
Lunch: the usual 240 (Vegetarian Minestrone soup in a cup=140; 2 slices fat free cheese singles=60; 2 sugar-free jello cups=20; few pieces of raw broccoli=20)
Dinner: 480 (Hungry Girl Breakfast pizza (2 pieces@130 each=260); salad with parmesan cheese=150; a can of green beans=70)
Snacks: the usual 280 (banana=130; apple=90; 4 sugar-free popsicles@15 each=60)
Total=1210.
The trick is that I plan the day's food the night before and write it all down. Then I do my best not to digress from the plan. There are occasions when I might eat something not there, and if I do, I go to my notebook and change it, even if it is a terrible binge and I'm writing down another thousand or more calories!!

No comments:

Post a Comment